Workshops to learn and use powerful behavioural communication techniques to engage employees in Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV)
What are we doing?
· Join our half-day workshops at Team London Bridge offices, offering practical, useable communication tools and insights to maximize engagement in your ESV program
· From one person to a small group from your organisation
· If you have current communication, bring it along and improve it in the workshop as we go
· Benefit from a follow-up session sometime after to review your new and improved communications
Why is this important?
The majority of businesses nowadays offer Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV), ranging from one day a year up to five days a year that are available for employees to volunteer. Statistics and direct feedback tell us that employees do not make the most of this opportunity, for a number of reasons. More importantly, those responsible for putting on a ‘menu’ of volunteering opportunities are often unsure about the best ways to make this appeal to colleagues.
What will you get out of the session?
· Understand how your current communication is working (and not working)
· Learn a range of techniques in how to communicate to get buy-in from your internal network
· Create happy, motivated employees for your ESV
Run by Oliver from The Hunting Dynasty, our local behavioural specialists in behavioural insight and communication, author of the book ‘Inspiring Sustainable Behaviour: 19 ways to ask for change’ using behavioural techniques, available worldwide, and a speaker recently on Radio 4’s Thought Cages series talking about behaviour along with other contributors https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001bq4
“The workshop was really interesting and it was helpful to discuss shared challenges and opportunities with other local businesses. There were some useful takeaways that we are already trialling at Grainger.” Charlotte Hopkinson, Head of Sustainability & CSR
Email Sofia at Team London Bridge to see if there are still slots available. Available for London Bridge businesses only, one representative per business.