Linking up with a local community project can be a great way to broaden horizons and meet new people. It doesn’t always have to involve big sums of cash, but it can make a huge difference to a local organisation or charity to have corporate input. There are many easy ways that your business can get involved in the community - through donating skills, time or money - and it can have a big impact on both the organisation you're working with and your own business.
What does this cover and where can Team London Bridge help?
- Link up with local charities and support them with time, cash or expertise. See our directory of over 80 local organisations or contact Sofia to have a chat.
- Become a Trustee for a local Voluntary and Community Sector organisation. Often only meeting around four times per year, its a great opportunity to have a real impact on a group's operations as well as develop/enhance professional skills and networks. Trustee vacancies are often listed on our Responsible Business news section here.
- Support staff fundraising activities - we often have fundraising opportunities for local charities that you or your business can tap into. These include places on runs such as marathons and 10k races but also other fundraising activities. See here for more details.
- Give pro bono time - it may be easier for you to donate the skills and time of your employees, rather than cash. Many charities need help designing websites or flyers, help with writing a funding application, business plan or marketing strategy. Maybe your organisation can help?
- Give your staff paid leave to volunteer - many larger businesses already give their staff paid leave or one or two days per year, which they can spend volunteering.
- Support our London Bridge Community Christmas - each year we co-ordinate collecting gifts from local businesses which a fantastic team volunteers wraps, and is then distributed to around seven local charities, to ensure as many people as possible can have a Christmas present.
- Undertake team challenges - there are a number of local organisations that can run a team challenge for a group of you. Email Sofia for a list or to be added to our Responsible Business newsletter to be sent details of team challenges that we organise from time to time.
Speak to Sofia on 020 7407 4701 to get a copy of our Responsible Business Vision and Forward Strategy. We're always keen to discuss ways we can work together to develop, record, share and celebrate everything "responsible" that your business does.